Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Finish and First Q2 Finish

I had an older UFO lurking in my closet that I put on several "finish" lists. 
 I listed it in the APQ UFO Challenge and in the Q2 of the Finish Along
 I will link up with Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Friday too.  
Whew!  
It feels GREAT to have a finish!!

Many years ago, I joined a swap of pumpkin blocks. 
 If I remember correctly, the pattern was a Bunny Hill pattern (apparently it is no longer available) called When the Frost is on the Pumpkin, but it was so long ago!  
We had to make a certain number of pumpkins from the pattern and send them to our hostess. 
 She exchanged them all and send us the same number back. 
 I put them together as soon as they came back and even got the back made. 
 I made the binding and handed it off to my quilter.  
No rush, I told her.  
Several years later she gave it back to me (I had forgotten about it) and 
I machine sewed on the binding.  
Then it sat for another few months.  
This month I decided was the month to get it finished.  

 This was taken when the binding was machine sewn on but not turned.


Hallie, guardian of the pumpkin patch!


Here is my pumpkin patch in all it's glory.


Close up of some of the pumpkins in the patch.



I chose to use some fall flannel that I had in my stash for the back of this beauty.  I love those cats!


I have listed this in my ETSY shop  if you are interested.  

I am hoping to have a few more finishes this month also.  

Have a happy, stitchy weekend!

~XOP~



5 comments:

Ioleen said...

Very nice final. Bet it feels good to get that of the list!!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Sounds like a long WIP so I'm not surprised you feel great finishing it! :) The pumpkins are fun and the quilting works so perfectly!

KaHolly said...

Yay for a finish! And a cute one, at that!

Brenda said...

Nice finish Pam! I have quite a long list this quarter, I hope to finish at least 1/2 of it. Managed 3 of 4 last quarter. I do not know where I saw this finish along the first of the year but it has truly motivated me.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

That is a very cute quilt. Love your new quilt inspector.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~