Saturday, July 11, 2015

Shower Prep

I managed to finish most of the things I wanted to do for the shower.  It is today.  
My birthday is also today.  
Not exactly how I would have chosen to spend my birthday, but we don't always get to choose.  Hubby and I will have celebrated on Friday.  More on that later.

I was prepping the shower favors.  I decided to make sugar scrub for the favors. 
 I had a friend print labels for the jar lids, and found the cutest ribbon (it says Happily Ever After)
 and all that was left was to make the scrub.  This photo was at the tail end of the making. 
 I used approximately 1 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of softened Coconut oil per batch plus some essential oil.  I used three different oils.  
Lavender and Tea Tree, a Citrus blend, and Jasmine.  I liked the citrus one the best. 
 The Jasmine was very nice, but very strong and I would have liked the Lavender better without the Tea Tree scent.  Just combine in a bowl and mix.  
I then packed it into the jars and put a lid and bow on it.


I found this adorable ribbon at Michaels but ended up using a little dab of Super Glue on the back side to keep the ribbon from slipping as I tied all the bows.


I had seen this really cute idea of using china markers to write on a plate/platter as a keepsake for the shower.  I picked up the marker set at Michaels and bought a plain white plate.  
Once everyone has signed or written their well wishes on the plate it will need to bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes to make it permanent.


I decided to add a few hearts.  I also made some "Pedicure in a Jar" jars.  
Again, printed out some labels, and used some pint jars that I had. 
 Included inside were, individually packaged foot soak, a pumice stone, a nail clipper, toe separators, nail polish and top coat.  I filled up the jar using Dove salted caramel candy, then tied the same ribbon around the outside to finish them off.


I printed out photos of the bride and groom to be and taped them together. 
 I will put a hole in the top and hang them from helium filled balloons over the food table or maybe over the center of our tables.  
I don't know what our venue looks like so will have to decide when we get there.  

I will take a lot of photos so you can see how it all turns out.

Enjoy your weekend!!

~XOP~


2 comments:

margaret said...

have a lovely birthday, this way you can extend it by celebrating it again away from the shower

Judy in Michigan said...

What a sweet auntie you are!! When I have a shower, I will invite you to make the favors!!! You are so clever!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~