Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Gardening and Stuff

I decided to do some weeding in my woefully neglected garden this past weekend. 
 I was happily weeding along but did not have my gloves on like I usually do.  
We live by a woods and I always worry about Poison Ivy and spiders.  
No Poison Ivy but as I was walking to the next section I happened to look down 
and found this helpful fellow.  
Now I really don't like spiders so this guy creeped me out.  
A Fishing Spider
They are HUGE! 
 Like the size of a silver dollar!!!  
I took it as a sign I should go back inside and sew some more napkins!



First though I snapped a pic of my beautiful Stargazer Lillies!!


I think I forgot to share this sweet little grouping of hexies my friend Windy gave to me at the retreat. 
 I was working on my Christmas Sampler quilt and she thought it would be great for the label.  
Thank you friend!  That made my day.



I have some fabric purchases to share too but need to snap a few pics first. 
 I hope you are having a great week so far.

Oh I almost forgot, someone asked me to talk about how I glue the edges down on the napkins.  
Since the pattern is purchased I can't show with pictures but 
you can use the same technique for your binding. 
The beauty of the glue basting is no pins, perfect positioning of mitered corners and 
everything stays put. 
 You can even reposition if necessary. 
 I use Elmer's Washable School Glue.  
You just put a thin line of glue on your quilt where you want the binding to be, turn the binding and finger press it into the glue then press with your iron.
  The iron sets the glue and your binding will stay in place.  
It will wash out when you wash the quilt! 
 Super easy!  
I watched this video tutorial by Sharon Schamber and decided to give it a try.  
I basically used the same technique with the napkins. 
 I let them dry overnight and sewed them the next day or a few days later.  
I hope that helps.  
If you decide to give it a try let me know how you like it!

Have a wonderful day!

~XOP~


1 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

You had a spider, I was weeding and had a vole run over my foot and I was wearing flip flops! From now on definitely tennis shoes and gloves!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~