Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Some Purchases

I thought I would share with you a few cute things I found while out and about recently.
 First off were these adorable note cards. 
 Just one dollar at Michaels!
 Seems like I am always looking for note cards to send out with swap stuff, aren't you? 


Then I went to JAF to get the blue and yellow and the dark green for the tumbler quilts when I happened to go past the novelty fabric and this bolt just jumped into my cart. 
Well 3 yards of it anyway. 



 Since DD1 raises peacocks I am always on the look out for cute peacock fabrics.  
She loves purple too so this one was perfect.  
Although I am looking for the Hoffman peacocks 
 if anyone knows anyone that has them for a decent price.  
As an added extra bonus DD1 told me she loves this print!

I need to talk with Cori but
 we will probably be drawing names for prizes soon for the sliced apples QAL. 
I will talk with her tonight to decide a date and let you know but please
 be sure to post your photos in the Flickr group.  
We will be drawing from all the names of people that have posted photos of their progress 
(you need to have at least cut the quilt out). 

I have been sewing so much lately the cats are feeling neglected.  
Here is Jack, sleeping on my sewing chair just so he can be near me when I am cutting!  
Isn't he cute?  
Almost camouflaged on that chair isn't he?





Getting ready to leave work and go home.  
Quilting tonight with the "ladies", then over to Cori's to lay out a quilt top.  
Never a dull moment! 
 Have a wonderful day!!

~XOP~

PS:  If you haven't checked out Cori's online fabric shop in awhile take a look! 
She has Flea Market Fancy, and Lush (running stitch) listed with more coming in every day!! 
These are 2 of my favorites!!!

PPS:  No one answered me about another QAL. 
Christmas in July anyone? 
It's a cute quilt...just sayin'

6 comments:

dianne said...

Over the Rainbow has the peacock fabric for $9.50/yard - she has 20% off sales every month or two (if you sign up for the newsletter, you'll know about the sales) ... http://www.overrainbow.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?cart_id=3929242.9035.s0&product=hoffmanroyalpeacocks&productid=hoffmanroyalpeacocksj9210-164g-antique-gold&keywords1=Hoffman+Royal+Peacock&sales=0&lastmenu= ...there are a few other peacock items, too

i THINK i can do a Christmas in July QAL - it depends on how much progress is made on the magick shoppe between now and then (right now i can't even SEE Sven, let alone get to him to sew) ... anywho, it sounds like fun, even if all i can do is lurk!

Anonymous said...

The cards and the peacock fabric are cute. I always look through the $1 bins when I go to Michaels. I'm taking July off for everything that I can, so no Christmas in July for me.

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

What sweet cards! My oldest daughter would love to use some of those, so I will be on the lookout at Michaels.

I have cut and sewn a lot of my squares so far. I am doing brown and pink in anticipation of a friend having a baby in July. She's not finding out the gender, so I need to have two on hand!

Alyssa said...

Lovely fabric-I love the colors and the designs. Absolutely charming! That note cards is definitely cute. :)

---------------
colorado springs divorce attorney

Sherry said...

Love the fabric! Note cards, oh yes, I still buy them, usually as a gift for my MIL who loves to send them. BTW, whatever happened to sending notecards instead of text messages? LOL I'm not ancient but I think they are still the way to go!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Did I miss the border post for the Sliced Apple QAL? And when does that one close? There are a number of Christmas QALs and Christmas in July on the horizon, so stretched right now.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~